PITTSFIELD, MA, May 12, 2016 – Berkshire Bank Foundation announced that it has awarded $55,895 in grants and pledges to seventeen nonprofit organizations in greater Hartford during their first quarter grants cycle.
The funding from Berkshire Bank Foundation supported a variety of organizations, some of which include:
- Klingberg Family Centers based in New Britian, CT received a grant to support their vocational education programs for students from greater Hartford.
- Junior Achievement of Southwest New England based in Hartford, CT received a grant to support their economic education programs for Hartford students.
- Literacy Volunteers of Greater Hartford based in Hartford, CT received a grant to support their Step2Success program.
- Watkinson School based in Hartford, CT received a grant to support their SPHERE summer program.
- Our Piece of the Pie based in Hartford, CT received a grant to support their OPP in the Community Hartford programs.
- International Hartford based in Hartford, CT received a grant to support their immigrant entrepreneur support program.
Lori Gazzillo, Vice President and Director of the Foundation said, “We are proud to partner with these great organizations as we work collaboratively to make our communities stronger. It is only through broad based support from individuals, foundations and businesses working alongside these non-profits that we’ll successfully improve our community. We’re proud to play a small role in that effort.”
In addition to financial support, the XTEAM®, the bank’s nationally acclaimed Employee Volunteer Program, provides employees with paid time off to volunteer during regular business hours. In 2015, over 70% of Berkshire Bank’s employees provided more than 40,000 hours of service to benefit community organizations across the bank’s service area. The volunteer program is another way for the bank to give back to the communities where it does business.
About Berkshire Bank Foundation
Through foundation grants to nonprofits, scholarships to students, environmental programs, and employee volunteerism, Berkshire Bank is making a difference. Each year the Foundation donates over $1.8 million to nonprofits in the Bank’s footprint and employees provide over 40,000 hours of volunteer service. In 2015, Berkshire Bank was named one of Massachusetts’ Most Charitable Companies by the Boston Business Journal. This year, Berkshire Bank and NESN are teaming up to raise $50,000 for Habitat for Humanity by donating funds to the Hockey 4 Housing campaign each time the Boston Bruins achieved a penalty kill. To learn more about Berkshire Bank Foundation, visit www.berkshirebank.com/community
About Berkshire Bank
Berkshire Hills Bancorp (NYSE: BHLB) is the parent of Berkshire Bank, America’s Most Exciting Bank®. The Company, recognized for its entrepreneurial approach and distinctive culture, has $7.8 billion in assets and 93 full service branch offices in Massachusetts, New York, Connecticut, and Vermont providing personal and business banking, insurance, and wealth management services. Berkshire Bank is the home financing and retail banking provider for the Massachusetts Teachers Association Benefits, MTA. To learn more, visit www.berkshirebank.com , call 800-773-5601 or follow us on: Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Berkshire Bank, is the official bank of NESN’s Boston Bruins coverage