Albany, NY – Berkshire Bank announced the expansion of their Home Lending Team in the Capital District hiring four experienced, recognized and accomplished mortgage loan professionals.
Berkshire has been successful in recruiting mortgage bankers Mike Kane, David Fay, Donna Hartman Jones, and Joanne Lubin because they share the same commitment the Bank does when it comes to providing superior customer service. Also, Berkshire Bank offers an attractive mortgage banking platform, can assist its lenders in doing an even better job of servicing their customers and offer quicker turnaround and local decision-making on loans.
This team is led by Andrew Rubino, Regional Vice President of Mortgage Lending and will join William Powell and Mary Reska as they expand their footprint as a mortgage lender in New York. These mortgage bankers are a highly mobile workforce, allowing them the ability to work remotely and provides the ability to deliver superior customer service.
"We have transformed our mortgage banking operations by recruiting and retaining top talent, providing local decision making on loans and quick turnaround times on our attractive product mix and offering the kind of superior customer service that continues to draw customers to Berkshire Bank," said Andrew Rubino, Vice President, Mortgage Lending. "The four new mortgage banking professionals will be joining our existing team as we continue to build on the momentum we have generated."
- Andrew Rubino (Regional Vice President of Mortgage Lending) was hired to expand Berkshire's residential mortgage lending operation in the Capital Region. Prior to joining Berkshire Bank in late 2017, Rubino owned and operated his own mortgage brokerage office until 2010 and more recently was tasked with building a team of Wealth Management Loan Officers for the lending team at Merrill Lynch/BoA. Andrew is a resident of Saratoga Springs.
- Mike Kane (Mortgage Loan Officer) started his career in the family real estate business back in 1986 before becoming a loan officer in 2002 with M&T Mortgage Corporation in Clifton Park, NY and a Mortgage Originator with Wells Fargo. Bringing with him almost 30 years of experience Kane joined the Berkshire Bank team in 2018. He currently resides with his family in Saratoga Springs.
- David Fay (Mortgage Loan Officer) - A native capital region resident, Fay has more than 16 years in the mortgage business. He has extensive product knowledge in purchases as well as refinancing, specializing in first time home buyers, remodel and new construction loans. A father to two middle school girls, Fay resides in Saratoga Springs and is staying busy with the girls' sports and school activities.
- Donna Hartman Jones (CRA Mortgage Loan Officer) has been with Berkshire Bank for six months, working to develop and strengthen both internal and external relationships on the Home Lending team. Prior to her time at Berkshire Bank, Jones has held a career in banking and mortgage originations for over 35 years. She has worked at Marine Midland, HSBC and most recently First Niagara. Jones resides in Clifton Park with her family.
- Mary Reska (CRA Mortgage Loan Officer) offers over 20 years of mortgage lending experience. She has helped thousands of clients purchase and refinance their homes. Reska's expertise lies in conforming, government, portfolio and first-time home buyer programs and is committed to assisting her customers every step of the way.
- Joanne Lubin (Mortgage Loan Officer) brings a wide range of experience over her 15 years in the industry. Lubin prides herself on excellent customer service and building strong relationships with her customers. She excels at working with first time home buyers and helping to restructure loans to fit the needs of customers. Lubin is a long time Albany resident and enjoys spending time with her three grown children.
- William Powell (Mortgage Loan Officer) has been with the Berkshire Bank mortgage team for over three years. As a lifelong New York resident and 30 years in the mortgage field, Powell brings with him an understanding of the market in the Capital region. His knowledge includes all lending products such as purchase, refinance and construction loans which allow him to provide exceptional customer service. Powell resides in Bethlehem with his family.
About Berkshire Bank
Berkshire Bank, America's Most Exciting Bank®, is recognized for its entrepreneurial approach, relationship customer experience and distinctive culture. With $11.6 billion in assets, Berkshire provides business and consumer banking, mortgage, wealth management, investment and insurance services through 114 full service branch offices throughout New York, Connecticut, Vermont, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Massachusetts, including Commerce Bank, a division of Berkshire Bank. Berkshire Hills Bancorp (NYSE: BHLB) is the parent of Berkshire Bank. To learn more, visit https://clicktime.cloud.postoffice.net/clicktime.php?U=www.berkshirebank.com&E=bmccauley%40berkshirebank.com&X=XID765wDAoUJ5627Xd3&T
=BERK&HV=U,E,X,T&H=3ad04c8e731026e16fe058127cd211a0aa91ba4b, call 800-773-5601 or follow us on: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.