Berkshire Bank Rallies Behind National Small Business Week with Events and $14,000 in Grants
PITTSFIELD, MA - Berkshire Bank will mark National Small Business Week (April 29-May 5, 2018) with its Berkshire Bank Foundation awarding $14,000 in grants to support Small Business Development Centers, SCORE (Service Corps of Retired Executives) chapters and hosting events throughout its footprint.
As part of this celebration, Berkshire's business banking teams will host events on various days during National Small Business Week. The events will honor local SCORE chapters and Small Business Development Centers with $1,000 grants in recognition of their commitment to supporting and assisting local small businesses as an integral role in the economic development of the communities.
"We couldn't be more proud to celebrate and honor small businesses for their hard work and success." said Jamison Flora, VP, Business Banking Leader. "Small businesses make considerable positive impact on their local economies and companies like Berkshire need to pay it forward by rallying around aspiring entrepreneurs. We also applaud these organizations that are providing essential support to not only sustain small businesses, but help them thrive."
The Small Business Development Centers (SBDC) being recognized include:
- Connecticut SBDC– University of Connecticut Foundation (Hartford, CT)
- Berkshire Regional SBDC (Pittsfield, MA)
- Western MA SBDC (Springfield, MA)
- Central MA SBDC – Clark University (Worcester, MA)
- Onondaga SBDC (Syracuse, NY)
- University at Albany SBDC (Albany, NY)
- SBDC Mohawk Valley- SUNY Polytechnic Institute (Utica, NY)
- SBDC- The College of New Jersey (Ewing Township, NJ)
SCORE Chapters being honored include:
- Western Massachusetts SCORE (Springfield, MA)
- Worcester SCORE (Worcester, MA)
- Northeast NY SCORE (Albany, NY)
- Syracuse SCORE (Syracuse, NY)
- Utica SCORE (Utica (NY)
- Greater Hartford SCORE (Hartford, CT)
Berkshire is turning the U.S. Small Business Administration's 'National Small Business Week' into a year-long celebration. Bank employees are contributing their skills and expertise to non-profit organizations working to support small business growth through its corporate volunteer program, XTEAM® and recently provided grants to organizations enhancing entrepreneurship and the health of the business community including:
- Center for Women and Enterprise (Boston, MA)
- Rutland Economic Development Corporation (Rutland, VT)
- reSET (Hartford, CT)
- International Hartford (Hartford, CT)
- Interise (Boston, MA)
- NewVue Communities (Fitchburg, MA)
- Valley Venture Mentors (Springfield, MA)
- Common Capital (Springfield, MA)
- Mohawk Valley Edge (Rome, NY)
- Centerstate Corporation for Economic Opportunity (Syracuse, NY)
# # #
About Berkshire Bank
Berkshire Bank, America's Most Exciting Bank®, is recognized for its entrepreneurial approach, relationship customer experience and distinctive culture. With $11.6 billion in assets, Berkshire provides business and consumer banking, mortgage, wealth management, investment and insurance services through 114 full service branch offices throughout New York, Connecticut, Vermont, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Massachusetts, including Commerce Bank, a division of Berkshire Bank. Berkshire Hills Bancorp (NYSE: BHLB) is the parent of Berkshire Bank. To learn more, visit https://clicktime.cloud.postoffice.net/clicktime.php?U=www.berkshirebank.com&E=bmccauley%40berkshirebank.com&X=XID385wDdoKF4955Xd3&T
=BERK&HV=U,E,X,T&H=a4a2a4cc40462bd92cec42f2c24927dd927397f1, call 800-773-5601 or follow us on: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn. Berkshire Bank is the official bank of NESN's Boston Bruins coverage, the Pan-Mass Challenge and the community partner of Boston Seasons at City Hall Plaza.
About Berkshire Bank Foundation
Through foundation grants to nonprofits, scholarships to students, environmental programs, and employee volunteerism, Berkshire Bank is making a difference. Each year the Foundation donates $2 million to nonprofits throughout the Bank's footprint and 100% of bank employees provide over 40,000 hours of service through their XTEAM® corporate volunteer program. Berkshire Bank was named one of Massachusetts' Most Charitable Companies by the Boston Business Journal in 2017. To learn more about Berkshire Bank Foundation, visit www.berkshirebank.com/community.