Berkshire Bank Honored Employees for Volunteerism
PITTSFIELD, MA -- May 7, 2021 – Berkshire Bank is excited to announce the 2020 Volunteer Service X-ellence Award,winners.Each year, the Bank recognizes employees for their volunteerism in the community by naming thetop volunteers.The annual awards program celebrates company employees who have made outstanding contributions to their communities. The six award recipients were selected based on their strong record of volunteerism to nonprofit organizations through both company-supported activities and individual service in the broader community. Each of the award winners received a $1,000 donation that will be made to the nonprofit organization of their choice.This year’s Volunteer X-ellence Award winners included:
- Chad Stier, AVP, Branch Officer - Vernon, CT, was awarded for completing the highest number of hours through company-supported XTEAM volunteer activities.
- Valerie Gittens, Assistant Branch Manager – Hartford, CT, was honored with the Individual Service Award for being an employee with the highest average number of volunteer hours through non-bank supported activities.
- Andrea Jones, Financial Services Representative - West Winfield, NY, was presented the honor for Combined Volunteer Service. Andrea has given hundreds of hours in her community as an EMT.
- Michele Hunter, AVP, Area Branch Manager - Manchester, VT, was recognized as the XTEAM Volunteer of the Year for company-sponsored projects and the highest number of hours through company-supported XTEAM volunteer activities.
- Teri Tompkins, Compliance Auditor-Internal Audit - New York, our Volunteer of the Year for Individual Service Activities at Berkshire Bank, for the highest average number of volunteer hours through non-bank supported activities.
- Ashley Hodges,Staff Auditor - Internal Audit, Syracuse, NY, was honored for her volunteer work with the Combined Service Award for an employee who achieves the highest number of hours and projects based on a combination of participation in our XTEAM corporate volunteer program and individual service activities.
In addition to the six Volunteer Service X-ellence Award recipients, Berkshire Bank named 18 employees to their Community Service Honor Roll. The employees eligible for the Honor Roll completed a minimum of 150 hours of volunteer service in the last calendar year. Honor Roll recipients will each receive a $500 donation that will be put towards the nonprofit organization of their choice.
The honorees included:
– VP Sr. Loan Review Officer, Loan Review – Pittsfield, MA
– AVP Sr. Branch Officer, 100 W Dominick St – Rome, NY
– Branch Training Officer, Branch Operations – Rome, NY
– Collector I, Collections – Pittsfield, MA
– Customer Service Associate,165 Elm St – Pittsfield, MA
– Producer, Berkshire Insurance Group – Pittsfield, MA
– AVP Financial Planning & Analysis, Accounting – Pittsfield, MA
– Small Business Underwriter II, Small Business – Manchester, VT
– Branch Banking Operations Rep, Branch Operations – Pittsfield, MA
– Financial Planning Assistant, Investment Services – Rutland, VT
– AVP IT Program Manager, Information Technology – Blue Bell, PA
– Facilities Vendor Manager, Facility Management – Pittsfield, MA
– Commercial Credit Analyst, 44 Business Capital – Remote – MA
– Sr. Product Operations Analyst, Branch Operations – Pittsfield, MA
– VP Business Banking Officer, Business Banking – New Hartford, NY
– Money Desk Officer, Treasury – Pittsfield, MA
– VP Financial Advisor, Investment Services – Pittsfield, MA
– Personal Lines Account Manager, Berkshire Insurance Group – Westfield, MA
Established in 2008, the XTEAM®, Berkshire Bank’s nationally acclaimed Employee Volunteer Program, helps the Bank and employees give back to the communities in which they live and do business. Every company employee receives paid time off to participate in service projects that usually occur during regular business hours. In 2020, 80% of Berkshire Bank’s employees participated in the program,helping to impact lives and communities throughout Berkshire Bank’s service area.
About Berkshire Bank
Berkshire Bank is a community bank committed to purpose-driven performance based on its Be FIRST corporate responsibility culture.
Berkshire Bank provides business and consumer banking, mortgage, wealth management, investment, and insurance services. The Bank has approximately $12.8 billion in assets and operates 121 branch offices primarily in New England and New York, with an agreement to sell its eight Mid-Atlantic branches. Headquartered in Boston, Berkshire Hills Bancorp (NYSE: BHLB) is the parent of Berkshire Bank and is a member of the Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index. To learn more, call 800-773-5601 or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.