We know that a workforce that brings together diverse perspectives, ideas and experiences leads to stronger financial performance, improved reputation, increased market share, reduced risk, and attracts and retains the best talent. That's why we have a Diversity and Inclusion Employee Committee, Employee Resource Groups and are leading efforts to ensure every individual can thrive.
Diversity & Inclusion Employee Committee
We established a management committee to focus on our diversity and inclusion strategy. The committee consists of employees from the CEO to front line staff representing nearly all business units and geographic regions within the company. The committee develops and executes our diversity & inclusion program, recommends goals, and monitors progress as we work to enhance all forms of diversity throughout the company by building an ethical culture based on mutual respect, belonging, equality, curiosity, authenticity, and social responsibility.
Employee Resource Groups
Employee Resource Groups are employee led collaboratives that provide safe spaces where differences of opinion and backgrounds are both respected and valued. They are a place for listening, learning and addressing critical topics impacting employees and the world. They work strategically, both internally and externally, to foster awareness, respect, inclusion and belonging, serving as a collective voice for action on topics relevant to their mission. We're proud to offer the following resource groups which are open to any and all company employees:
- Abilities in Motion (AIM)
- People of Color/Multicultural
- Power of Women (POW)
CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion
We're proud to be a signatory of the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion ™ and join a growing coalition of businesses pledging to advance diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion is the largest CEO-driven business commitment to advance diversity and inclusion within the workplace. With more than 600 companies representing 85 industries, this commitment is driven by the realization that addressing diversity and inclusion is not a competitive issue, but a societal issue, that CEOs must play a critical role in addressing. Each signatory of the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion commits to the following actions to help push this important work forward:
- Continue to cultivate workplaces that support open dialogue on complex, and sometimes difficult, conversations about diversity and inclusion
- Implement unconscious bias training education
- Share what’s working and what’s not working to strengthen and improve our programs
The unprecedented CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion pledge is formed through the meaningful collaboration of top business leaders across all industries and geographies in the United States. We invite you to learn more about the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion by visiting CEOAction.com.
The Hispanic Promise
We're proud to be one of the first 100 signatories of The Hispanic Promise, a first-of-its-kind national pledge to hire, promote, retain and celebrate Hispanics in the workplace. Launched at the World Economic Forum in 2019, the Hispanic Promise is a non-legally binding sign of intention, a result of the joint effort of multiple Hispanic organizations as a call to action for business leaders and companies of Corporate America to create a more inclusive work environment for Hispanics. The Promise represents an opportunity for those companies already engaged in inclusion and diversity to showcase their commitment as a Hispanic-friendly place by:
- Creating inclusive environments within the workplace and to take positive intentional actions to hire, promote, retain, and celebrate Hispanics as employees, customers and citizens.
- Creating or strengthening employee engagement, mentorship programs, employee or business resource groups, talent advancement and an inclusive company culture where employees feel they belong, are valued and have a voice.
- Acknowledging the priorities selected by Hispanic Leaders under the Vision 2020, which include access to education, financial empowerment and improving the image of Hispanics.
- Aiming to increase the number of Hispanic employees in my company to better reflect the US population, increase Hispanic representation in all levels and all functions of my company, and assess the sentiment of Hispanics in my company.
We invite you to learn more about The Hispanic Promise by visiting weareallhuman.org/promise
Learn more about our performance on diversity, equity and inlcusion topics in our most recent Corporate Responsibility Report