Mobile Banking Card Controls & Alerts is an easy to use feature that gives you control over the transactions that are processed on your Debit card(s). You will be able to enable and disable these features at any time via the Card Controls feature of their Berkshire Bank Mobile App.
The Berkshire Bank Mobile App Card Controls include the following features:
- Adding and Disabling Cards: Users can enable or disable card controls anywhere, at any time, via their mobile banking application.
- Location Based Card Controls: Users can limit the regions where cards can be used.
- Transaction Type Controls: Users can limit how the card is used by excluding certain transactions like eCommerce, Phone Orders, or ATM transactions.
- Merchant Type Controls: Users can limit what types of merchants can run their card based on the categorization of the merchant.
- Threshold Amount Controls: Users can set a dollar amount limit for card transactions
- Alerts: Receive alerts any time a transaction is posted to your card immediately making you aware of possible fraud.
Benefit is: protect yourself from fraud in the event of card skimming, loss, and theft by limiting how a cards information can be used.
For example: If you are traveling, you can enable your card within the region that you are visiting, and then disable use within that region after returning. If your card information had been stolen during your stay, the card could not be used there after being disabled by the user through the Card Controls feature within the Berkshire Bank Mobile App application. This adds an extra layer of protection to your funds.
Here's how to use card controls:
To enable or disable a card from being used for purchases
- Log in to your Berkshire Bank mobile banking app and choose the 'More' option from the lower taskbar
- Select the 'Card Controls' option from the menu
- Choose which card(s) you'd like to enable Card Controls
- Once your card is enabled, choose which controls you'd like to customize:
- Remove a card
- Location controls
- Transaction type
- Merchant type
- Threshold amount
- If at any time you'd like to remove these controls, you can switch the toggle 'Off' to disable.
Navigate to the Card Controls screen (outlined above) > Select the appropriate card > The Detail screen is displayed > Select the toggle to enable or disable
*When a user disables
the card, the following message is received: ‘Are you sure you want to disable your card? All transactions, except for recurring payments, will be denied until you re-enable your card.’ Select, Yes or No.
When enabled, any card activity from outside of the established regions will be denied.
To utilize Location Controls, navigate to the Detail screen, select Location Controls > The following options are available:
Enable toggle switch > Add Region > The Nickname field, allows the user to enter a name for the region they are adding; the Country, State, City, Zip code field, allows the user to search for a specific region they are adding to limit card use or navigate to the desired region by using the map > Once the desired location is displayed, the user selects Save in the upper left corner to store the region; up to 3 regions may be stored
Block International toggle enabled:
allows you to enable a blanket block on any international transactions.
Enabling Block International will disable ALL previously set region specific transaction controls.
Transaction Type Controls
You can customize what kind of transactions can be made on your card.
To utilize Transaction Type Controls, navigate to the Detail screen, select Transaction Types > The following options are available:
Enable Transaction Types (toggle switch):
enables / disables Transaction Type control
various toggle switches provide a list of transaction types that can be enabled or disabled for use on the card.
Disabling any of the options will cause the card to decline if it is used for that type of transaction.
Merchant Type Controls
By disabling the Enable Transaction Types toggle, ALL transaction type controls are disabled.
You can control the types of merchants where your card can be used.
To utilize Merchant Type Controls, navigate to the card’s Detail screen, select Merchant Type Controls > The following options are available:
Enable Merchant Types (toggle switch):
enables/disables Merchant Type control
various toggle switches provide a list of merchant types that can be enabled or disabled for use on the card.
Disabling any of the options will cause the card to decline if it used for that type of transaction.
Threshold Amount Controls
By disabling the Enable Merchant Type toggle, ALL merchant type controls are disabled.
You can customize the limit for transactions made on your card.
To utilize Threshold Amount Controls, navigate to the card’s Detail screen, select Threshold Amount > The following option is available:
Threshold Amount (toggle switch):
enable/disables Threshold Amount; after enabling, enter desired threshold amount.
Any transaction above the threshold amount will be denied.