Berkshire Bank's check cashing service will give you the ability to cash your checks instantly and receive quick access to cash for a clear, upfront fee.
- MyCheck is subject to Berkshire Bank's policies, procedures and requirements. We reserve the right not to cash a check.
- Check amounts over $1,500.00 are not eligible for this service.
- There is a daily limit on the dollar amount of the checks that you can cash. You can cash up to $2,500.00 in checks each day. Please keep in mind that a check cashing fee will be charged for each individual check being cashed (see fees below).
Where to cash your check?
We offer this service at all of our MyTeller and branch locations.
How it works
Present the check you wish to cash and proper identification.
Customers who have a Berkshire Bank checking, savings and/or money market account:
- If you have enough money in your accounts to cover the amount of the check being cashed, the check may be cashed with no fee. Under our funds availability policy, we may place a hold on funds in your accounts for the same amount as the check being cashed.
- If you do not have enough money in your accounts to cover the amount of the check being cashed, we may still cash the check. A check cashing fee will apply (see fees below).
If you don’t need quick access to check funds, consider depositing your check to your account to avoid check cashing fees.
- If you do not have a Berkshire Bank checking, savings and/or money market account, the check may be cashed for a fee (see fees below).