Attention Berkshire Bank Mortgage and Home Equity Loan customers:
You may have received a letter from DMI concerning your mortgage or home equity loan in deferral. If you have questions or concerns related to this letter, please call 1-866-397-5370 and they will assist you.
Recently you should have received a letter about enhancements we are making to your Berkshire Bank Mortgage and/or Home Equity Loan to provide you with expanded tools and customer support through a partnership with Dovenmuehle Mortgage, Inc. (DMI). DMI is one of the leading Mortgage sub-servicers in the country and will begin handling the servicing of your Berkshire Bank Mortgage and/or Home Equity Loan on our behalf beginning November 1, 2021. While DMI will provide an enhanced level of customer support and improved digital servicing options, your Mortgage and/or Home Equity Loan will continue to be held by Berkshire Bank.
Please continue reading below for more important information on payments and other steps you may need to take to ensure a smooth transition. As a reminder:
- The loan numbers of your Mortgage and Home Equity Loans have changed, your new loan numbers have been mailed to you within the last 2 weeks. If you have not received your letter, please call us 1-855-674-1273.
- If you have multiple loans with us, it only impacts the loan number on the letter you receive.
- The address you currently make your loan payments to, will be changing (see below).
- Berkshire and DMI will provide you with convenient ways to make your payments:
- By Mail
- By Phone
- Online (link coming soon)
- Automatic bill payments set up prior to November 15th within Berkshire Bank's online bill pay platform have already been updated to route to Dovenmuehle Mortgage – no further action is needed. If you pay your Berkshire Bank loan on a different payment platform, or have bill pay set up with another financial institution, your account information will need to be changed by you by selecting Dovenmuehle Mortgage with your NEW loan number.
- ACH Payments: If you completed Berkshire Bank’s updated ACH/Auto Payment Form or closed on your mortgage or home equity loan on or after August 23, 2021, no action is needed, and your payment will continue to be withdrawn without interruption. Please note, your first payment after this transition will be drawn on or after November 10, 2021.
- Mail Payments: Send all payments due on or after November 1, 2021, to the address noted in the letter dated October 15, 2021, with the enclosed temporary coupon to make your next payment. In the event your letter has not yet arrived, and you would like to make a payment, please use the payment address noted below or call 1-855-674-1273.
Steps you need to take:
Here is what you need to do and watch for in the coming days.
Step 1: Update your Mortgage Clause with your Insurance Company:
- You will be required to update your Mortgagee clause with your insurance company. Please use the information below to update your Insurance Mortgagee clause:
Its Successors and/or Assigns
PO Box 961292
Fort Worth, TX 76161-0292
Step 2: If paying by online bill pay:
- Borrowers who are new to automatic bill payments within Berkshire Bank's online bill pay platform after November 15th, will need to select the payee “Dovenmuehle Mortgage” and provide your NEW loan account number. If you do not know your NEW loan number, please call 1-855-674-1273.
- Please also note, any bill pay set up with another financial institution will need to be changed by you by selecting Dovenmuehle Mortgage with your NEW loan number.
Berkshire Bank Customer Service Department
1 Corporate Drive, Suite 360
Lake Zurich, IL 60047-8945
Frequently Asked Questions - For our full list of FAQs, please click here.